H&M’s corporate team gears up for WWF’s 23rd Annual Canada Life CN Tower Climb!
Why did H&M decide to join WWF in its 23rd Annual CN Tower Climb this year?
At H&M, we believe in joining forces and, through close collaboration, strengthening communities. Beginning this year, together with WWF, we are taking this to a whole new level. On a global scale, we have committed to a three-year partnership in which we will work together towards implementing a holistic water stewardship strategy that aims to be a game changer for our industry and beyond, and locally, we are teaming up with WWF in its 23rd Annual Canada Life CN Tower Climb. This exciting and exhilarating event goes hand-in-hand with H&M’s commitment to sustainability and we are thrilled to support WWF’s conservation work.
How did you promote internally about this event?
Word of mouth, as well as beautifully designed posters by WWF displayed in every place imaginable in the office (on the fridge, by the copier and water cooler, etc.).
Why do you think it’s important for employees to get out of the office to support the environment?
I think it’s important for employees to get out of the office to support our natural world for a multitude of reasons!
- –To live and breathe their company’s values
- –To contribute to their company’s Corporate Social Responsibility and philanthropic efforts
- –To educate for real change and influence their behavior
- –To encourage team building and boost employee engagement
Your team names?
For now, Conscious Climbers and MERCHing up the Stairs.
What are three tips to recruit employees on your team?
1. Tie the ‘event’ back to the company’s sustainability vision
2. Share your own experiences about how easy it is to register and raise funds
3. Share with them that the average person, with no training, makes it to the top in approximately 30 minutes. This tag line seems to have done the trick around here!
What are three fundraising tips that you can share with other captains?
1. Be the first to make a donation – to yourself! Doing so sets the standard that sponsors are most likely to follow.
2. Get social. Let your family, friends, coworkers and clients know about your involvement in the Climb via mass text messages and e-mails, Twitter, Facebook, etc.
3. Add a personal touch to your personal Fundraising Page with a message – this will help motivate your sponsors to give generously.
What are you looking forward to most on Climb day?
Reaching the 1776th step (for the first time) alongside my colleagues!
How will your team celebrate after?
It’ll go one of two ways: 1) Straight home to shower and sleep or 2) Head to a nearby restaurant together to celebrate our accomplishment, eat dinner, have some drinks and share some good laughs!
Did you know? Team Climbers who raise more than $300 will get a prize AND be invited to the exclusive VIP Dr. Scholl’s Team Challenge After Party with a delicious buffet dinner and an evening full of entertainment! Learn more.
Words of advice for other champion climbers?
At H&M, we have seven commitments that we work towards for a more sustainable fashion future. As the Conscious Coordinator for Canada, I feel a huge responsibility to bring awareness to these commitments, as well guide our work in this area. To make others believe in what you believe in, you have to believe in it yourself first. Learn as much as you can about the Climb and why it happens. Engage your colleagues by telling them about the climb, tie it back to your company’s sustainability vision, make them aware of the great prizes up for grabs!
Climb with us!
Are you and your colleagues interested in Climbing the Tower and crossing it off your bucket list? If you’re passionate about conservation and want to participate in this exclusive event, join Denise and hundreds of climbers in support of the planet. Register your company for the Team Challenge. We’ll see you there!