The coolest week of the year: Polar Bear Week!
Mark February 23-27 in your calendars, because it’s Polar Bear Week! What is Polar Bear Week, you ask? It is a week dedicated to raising awareness and funds for WWF’s Arctic Campaign, which supports our on-the-ground work from the Beaufort Sea to Baffin Bay. With your help we strive to ensure that Arctic habitats are conserved for all the magnificent ice-dependent species.
What can you expect during Polar Bear Week?
- Fun blogs on all your favourite Arctic species (Hint: not just polar bears!)
- Interesting facts all week long on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Including a photo caption contest on Facebook where you could win a Polar Bear adoption kit.
- A dip into freezing cold waters- AKA the Polar Bear Dip on February 26.
- The celebration of International Polar Bear Day on February 27!
- And, stay tuned for our first ever podcast: All about narwhals: The unicorns of the sea! (Did you know that their ‘horn’ is actually a tooth?)
Why you should be a part of Polar Bear Week:
- You love polar bears and you want to help protect this iconic species.
- You want to know more about polar bears and the habitat they need to thrive.
- You want to support WWF’s work in the Arctic. Plus, if you donate now you can double your impact! A generous donor has offered to match your donation (up to $130,000) so your donation now will drive even more work and results in the Arctic.
Last year our fantastic supporters raised more than $700,000 to support on-the-ground Arctic conservation! That money went toward some amazing work, including:
- New scientific breakthroughs in understanding sea-ice change and its impact on Arctic species.
- Engaging directly with more than a dozen local Arctic communities.
- Developing High Arctic maps showing key areas to protect, to inform planning and development in the Arctic.
Now that you know Polar Bear Week is coming up, we want you to get as excited about it as we are! Visit our Facebook Page and tell us why you ‘Love the Arctic’ – we’ll pick some favourites to win some WWF Arctic gear!
This is a great time to wake up your friends and family from hibernation to do some exciting fundraising activities in the name of Arctic conservation. Follow us on the blog, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to join in on the conversation!
Our Arctic work depends on your support and right now you can have double the impact. Donate now and a generous donor will match your gift (the first $130,000 in donations will be matched).
Learn more about WWF’s important Arctic work at wwf.ca/polarbearweek.