WWF holiday adoption gift guide: Introducing the marine biologist hero doll!
Frontline workers such as marine biologists, wildlife rangers and polar researchers are important in order to support WWF’s conservation efforts around the world. Let’s learn more about the work of a marine biologist.
A day in the life of a marine biologist could include:
- Studying killer whales, blue sharks, marine turtles and sea lions to better understand marine species and their needs.
- Advocating for more officially designated Marine Protected Areas.
- Documenting how underwater noise pollution affects species and the places they live.
- Monitoring the health of marine ecosystems and creating plans to make sure human activities do not harm ocean health.
- Helping reduce bycatch, whale and turtle entanglements in fishing gear.
Marine biologists are a key part of WWF efforts:
- Marine biologists help WWF protect ocean species and keep oceans healthy.
- Canada’s ocean space is among the largest in the world but it’s being threatened by overfishing, pollution and climate change.
- With the help of marine biologists, WWF is creating a vision for smart oceans management and working towards a future in which our oceans and coasts are healthy, full of life and capable of supporting the needs of species and people.
How can you help these frontline heroes and their important work?
By adopting a frontline hero plush doll you are symbolically helping marine biologists and their efforts with WWF in safeguarding species and their habitats.
Each adoption kit includes a high quality frontline hero plush doll, spotlight card with information about the work your gift will help support, a personalized adoption certificate, and a reusable tote bag and an applicable tax receipt.